Saturday, December 31, 2011

NaBloPoMo Day 31!

Weekend Free-Write:


Finally made it to the end of the month!  I can't believe we are less than 24 hours away from a new year.  Looking back now, the year seems to have flown by with crazy speed.  There were a LOT of "downs" for me this year, and I'm hoping that by surviving through those, it means there are lots of "ups" for me this year.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!


I finally managed to sleep in until 11:30 today.  I woke up with the same headache I've had for over a week, and feeling like I didn't sleep a lick.  I know it's all stress related, but I really could use a break here!  I guess it's time to get that cup of coffee that is screaming my name.  I am LOVING my new Keurig coffee pot!  It came with a bunch of samples, so I am working my way through those before I go out and buy more coffee.  I want to be sure which ones I like the best before spending the money on it.  So far, there is only one that I LOVE!  But I am enjoying them all, and the ease of the machine!


I also made ice cream in my new ice cream maker last night.  I haven't tried it yet.  I went with simple vanilla, because I really like vanilla ice cream, and I figured I better go with the easy recipe until I am familiar with the machine.  Looking forward to trying that out.


I volunteered to take on another shift tonight.  We had another lady working Saturday nights, and she is no longer there.  Instead of filling her position, my boss has been working her Saturday shifts.  I take them whenever I can, because I really need the hours badly.  I don't want to "commit" to working all Saturdays, because it's really my only day to spend with the kids.  We spent so much time together this week, that I figured it was safe to take this one.  That, and the money is screaming my name.


We really had a wonderful time in Angola this week.  The kids had lots of Christmas money left over, so we got to do some shopping.  Seth bought Legos, of course.  Kylie got a TON of super cute clothes, and a homecoming dress that we found on clearance for $27!  Kensie got some Littlest Pet Shop stuff, a few other toys, and a really cute outfit from Kohls.  They have a dollar store over there that is just incredible!  I make sure I stop in every time we are in town.  The kids and I spent quite awhile in there, grabbing different things. I got some new pot holders, that I DESPERATELY needed.  Found a few things that will be handy for camping.  Kensie got a few things for a friends new baby.
The highlights of the week, though, were visiting with family and meeting up with Katie, Fred and Jeremiah for lunch.  They drove up from Ft. Wayne and met us at Applebees.  We had a great time catching up, and before I knew it, we'd been in the restaurant for 2 hours.  That happens to us a lot...lol.  They are coming up at the end of the month for a geocaching event here, so it won't be too long before I get to see them again.


I hope everyone has a fun, and safe, New Years Eve.  I also hope you all have an incredible New Year!  See you in 2012!

2 comments:

  1. So are you NaBloMoPoing next month? LOL

    Sounds like you guys had a great time indeed. So glad I made myself get out and come up there. We had a great time. You were totally worth coming out for. I'm already trying to think of reasons I don't need to really go outside tomorrow haha.

    You deserve a great 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Katie...I signed on for January as well.

    ReplyDelete