Thursday, December 8, 2011

NaBloPoMo Day EIGHT!

THURSDAY DECEMBER 8, 2011
What was your favorite thing you received below the age of 10?





Hmm...this is a hard one too!  I guess I am going to go with my first Cabbage Patch Doll.  She was blonde, with pig-tails.  (I say that like I don't still have her...but I do)  We named her Tennyson Desire'.  She went EVERYWHERE with me.  I once was in a wedding, and my mom made me a dress to wear.  Of course I had to have one for the doll too.  It matched perfectly.  My grandfather, who is now passed, even made me a cradle and bunk beds for her.  Who knew it would lead to an obsession of CPKs.  And the name Tennyson.  My first daughter was named after my first cabbage patch doll.


Ok, so I mentioned not long ago that I was working on a little project for work.  Here's the thing...


 I work at an Animal Hospital that offers boarding for any cat or dog, as well as small animals.  I work in the boarding kennels.  I began to think about how busy we were last Christmas, and how bad I felt for the animals that were going to be with us, instead of at home with there people, on Christmas.  So I came up with the clever idea to make them all stockings stuffed with toys and treats.  I painted on their names, and a little design.  I attached little tags.  The dogs say "Happy "HOWL"days From the McAfee Kennel Staff" and the cats say "Happy "MEOW"ldays...."  I got the first batch done...I really hope the dogs, and their people, like them!  I am having to work Christmas Even AND Christmas morning, so I will be playing "kennel Santa" this year.







1 comment:

  1. I had several cabbage patch dolls too. That's cool that you named Tenny after your doll. My Grandfather made me a crib too. How cool is that.

    I LOVE the stockings. Awesome idea! Can't believe you have to work Christmas morning. Hope it's a quick shift for you.

    ReplyDelete