Sunday, December 25, 2011

NaBloPoMo Day 25 & 26!

Weekend Free Write




Well, this weekend was Christmas.  We started it out going to my moms on Christmas Eve and spending some time with her, my dad, my brother and his family.  We had a great visit, but it always goes way too fast.  Here is this years family photo.  It's minus a few people, but they were in our hearts.


We have a tradition in our house that we get to open one present on Christmas Eve.  It's always pajamas.  I have so much fun finding the pajamas for the kids each year.  Here is this years:
Mackensie, Kylie, Seth
Tennyson and Caiden
After leaving my moms, we started the 2.5 hour drive back to Indiana, and straight into my work, so we could feed the animals, and let them outside to do their business.  While we weren't paying attention, it appears that Santa Paws snuck in and left little stockings for all the fur-friends!  It looked SO incredible, and I can't wait for their humans to see them!




We woke up this morning to find that Santa Claus had visited our home as well.  Spent a little bit with the kids, watching them open their presents, and then I headed into work.  What I had hoped would be a 2 hour shift, turned into much, much, longer.  When I finally got home, the kids and I spent some time playing with the sculpting clay that Santa brought them, watched a few movies, and are finally turning in for the night.  It's been a long day, and we still have a long week ahead of us.  Double shifts at work tomorrow, and Tuesday we head back to Angola for our last "family" Christmas of the season.  Donna always gets us a hotel room, and we are looking forward to not only spending some time with the family, which is the best part, but also swimming, and a few runs down the toboggan slide at Pokagon.  I love that State Park, and it feels like a second home to us, so we are always excited to head back.

I will leave you with one last Family Christmas photo, just because it has us all cracking up.  This about sums up our family.  




1 comment:

  1. Love the photos. Sounds like a nice time. Hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete