Thursday, December 22, 2011

NaBloPoMo Day 22!

Thursday, December 22, 2011
What are your favorite holiday traditions?





When I first read this theme, I thought "well, we don't really have any 'traditions' in our family".  But then I realized we sort of do.  


The kids are allowed to open ONE present on Christmas Eve.  It is ALWAYS pajamas.  They never know what kind of pajamas they are going to get, but I always have a riot picking them out.  I am SUPER excited for Seth to see his this year!  


Christmas 2009


The other tradition that we have is that we ALWAYS go to my moms on Christmas morning.  It's something I've done for 35 years.  This year is going to be different, as we have to do it on Christmas Eve due to some scheduling conflicts within the family.  It will seem different on Christmas, not being with my mom, but at least the kids will be able to stay home and play with their gifts, etc.


Christmas at Grandma and Grandpas 2009


In other news, I got ALL my Christmas shopping done.  Half of the stuff wrapped, and a LOT of cookies I need to bake.  So tonight, and tomorrow morning, are gonna be super busy!  Hopefully it will make time fly, and Christmas come quickly!


1 comment: