Monday, January 2, 2012

Is it 2013 yet?

January 1, 2012
Weekend Free-Write!


I had a VERY rough start to the New Year.  I started out ringing it in with a group chat with some people from the Single Parents Group that I belong to.  Within the first hour, I had spilled a drink on my laptop and dropped my computer twice.  Some time back, I dropped it, and lost the "power" button to it.  This is okay, as long as you don't shut it down.  Well, it overheated and shut down.  Now I have no way to turn it back on.  I guess I know what I'm doing with some of my tax refunds.  It really needed replaced anyway.  It was slowly falling apart, and the battery only lasted about 10 minutes on it.


New Years Day, I had to work in the morning.  Then my friend Daryl met up with me and we cached our way over to visit Gisela and her new son, Alex.  He is SO cute, and he even had on an elephant outfit when I got there!  That kid has good taste already! We spent quite awhile visiting with Gisela.      It's been awhile, so it was nice to see her again.  After we left there, we cached some more.  It was SO cold and windy out, but we managed.  Neither of us was really ready to call it quits, but it gets dark so early this time of year that we had to.

After that I came home and Kensie and I laid in my bed and watched movies all night, and ate popcorn, while I worked on another secret project.  I let her pick the first one.  She picked out Harry Potter.  I've avoided these movies up to this point, because from what I have seen, they just looked really stupid. But I love her, so I suffered through it.  I will admit, it wasn't bad, but it's not something I would sit and watch again.  Then I picked a movie I bought over a year ago and had yet to watch.  It ended up sucking, but I got more of my project done, so it was ok.  Kensie picked the 3rd one, and I don't know how far into it I managed to stay awake.  Maybe 10 minutes?  LOL...it was a fun night.



We are supposed to get some nasty weather, which I'm not looking forward to.  Hopefully it misses us so that I won't be forced to drive in it.  Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Don't rush the year. We haven't went camping yet! LOL

    ReplyDelete