Sunday, December 4, 2011

NaBloPoMo Day FOUR!

Sunday Free-writing:

Not a whole lot to write about today.  Had our Volunteer Appreciation Night on Friday.  I got recognized for having reached "400 Hours" of volunteer service at the State Park.  I got a sweatshirt from their gift shop that I've been wanting for a long time, so that was awesome!

Saturday I worked.  Then Mackensie and I worked on a little craft project that I am doing for the critters that will be boarding with us on Christmas Day.  I'm excited about how they turn out, and will share a photo when they are completed.  Right now, we are on hold as we wait for some paint to dry.

Today, my dad and step-mom are coming to town.  We are getting together to visit and he will give the kids their birthday presents.  Mackensie, Tennyson and Seth all have birthdays exactly one week apart, starting with November 25th, so he usually comes in the middle of it and does the gifts all at once.  It works out really well, and the kids look forward to it.  We go to the hotel and they get to swim, and since they LOVE to do that, it's always a great mid-winter activity.  (though the 600* pool room is a bit much for the grown ups) 

I'm still not sleeping.  I have had about all I can take of this insomnia.  I'm lucky if I fall asleep by 4AM.  During the week I can just sleep through the morning to make up for it, but weekends are harder.  Especially Sundays, since I have to be up at 6:30AM for work.  So today I am really dragging ass.  I'd LOVE to take a quick nap right now, but I know if I do, I won't sleep tonight. Which really doesn't make sense, cuz I won't sleep anyway.  This morning as I stood in front of the bathroom mirror, trying desperately to pry my eyelids open, I noticed my bottle of NyQuil still sitting there from my most recent bout of illness.  It's the only thing that got me through my nights.  I'm thinking it's gonna enter my body tonight as well, because I seriously need some sleep!

Hoping to hear something tomorrow on that job that I applied for.  I know I'm not supposed to get my hopes up, but man it's hard not to!

1 comment:

  1. Hope the kids get spoiled. They deserve it. Glad you got recognized for the volunteer work you've done. I know you do a lot for the park. I'm sending out lots and lots of vibes for that job girl.

    ReplyDelete