Saturday, December 17, 2011

NaBloPoMo Day 17!

Saturday December 17, 2011
Weekend Free-write


Not much happened today.  I was up most of the night, and morning, and back up at 6AM unable to fall asleep.  Dakota is sick, and I'm beginning to worry about her, so I am going to have to take her to work with me and have a vet look her over.  It's not like her to be sick, and it's been going on for about a week, so it's more than past time.

Kylie and I went to Michaels today and picked up a few things we needed for our homemade Christmas gift project.  I know I said I'm not crafty, and I'm not, but I got the idea from my boss.  So I figured we would try it.  Will know in about an hour if we were successful or not.  I can't post pictures yet, because some of the people getting these follow my blog and that will ruin things.  BUT...while in the process of doing that, I decided to do something else...

So my work took up a collection of $10 from each employee to buy the Dr's a present.  I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I don't have $10 to donate.  $10 is a whole present for one of my kids, and since we are already scraping the bottom of the barrel, I decided I wouldn't participate this year.  Needless to say, that didn't go over too well.  But as it turns out, none of the kennel workers are doing it, so now I know I am not alone.  Then I got to thinking, even though I SUCK at crafts, there is no reason I couldn't MAKE something for the doctors!  Here is the result of that endeavor.  It's a tealight candle holder.
Corney, I know, but this is the extent of my craftiness.

 Working again tomorrow, and Sundays are my early shift.  So, I need to get off here and pretend like I'm falling asleep.  Tomorrow after work is Christmas cookie time.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! You gotta stop saying you aren't crafty. I've seen several of your crafts. The stars at Bash and the cute stockings. They are really cute. Plus you stitched that little thing! So stop being mean to yourself. I'll smack ya haha.

    ReplyDelete