Monday, January 2, 2012

Predicting the future...

Todays NaBloPoMo was:  What did you do on New Years?  


I answered that yesterday.  So, I'm not going to bore you with the details of that night again.  If you missed it, you can go back and read it.


As for today...not much happened.  Got a little laundry done, worked some more on my secret project, and went to work.  3 of the recently adopted dogs got picked up, so that was a great feeling!  We also got our first snowfall of the year, and I quickly remembered how much I hate my commute to and from work in the winter.  It made for slow-going, but I managed to get home safely.  AND...by the time I got home, Brad had gotten the Christmas tree taken down and everything packed away.  That was a nice surprise, because I was REALLY dreading that job!  It's always fun to put it out but the packing it all up part SUCKS!  


Still no cure for the laptop blues.  I'm thinking that when the issue gets straightened out with the gift card my mom gave me, I will look into buying a Kindle Fire.  I REALLY want an iPad, but I don't have that much money on the gift card, and now that I have to use taxes to buy a new laptop (and a computer desk since this one got broken today), and probably a hotel room for as long as it's gonna take until I can figure out how to get a place with my credit and poor rental history, AND a car, cuz I'm sure Brad will keep the one I have been driving for the past 5 years, since he is now all of a sudden calling it "HIS" van, an iPad is once again not in my future.  It doesn't look like my level of stress is going to back down anytime soon.


On the bright side, I've been managing to get a few more hours in at work the last few weeks.  With my rate of pay, it still doesn't add up to much, but it is a little bit more.  I'm still not full time, and doubt I ever will be at this rate, but until I can find something better paying, the extra few hours are a blessing.  Maybe now I can afford the small things I need, like toothpaste and deodorant, and not just gas to go to work.

1 comment:

  1. I think about you everyday. I wish everything would work out for you. I would LOVE to see that happen this year.

    ReplyDelete