Sunday, March 11, 2012

What was I thinking?

So I was cruising through my new owl cross-stitch project, rather enjoying myself.  I had asked Brad to stop and get me some masking tape for my fabric edges.  While waiting for him to come home, I decided to take it out of the Q-Snap and try some other tape I had.  I'm several hundred stitched into this project.  The second I took it out, I realized I had my fabric turned sideways.  It wasn't going to fit.  If you have ever wondered what is easier, stitching, or removing's stitching.  Removing them is an S.O.B.!  My body ached too much, so I finally gave up and started on this cute Jingle Bells one I have really been wanting to start on.  The fact that I can't really find any good links for it online scares me a bit, as it is a big piece.  But, it's Christmas themed, and it's only March, so no rush.

Yesterday I felt like I got hit by a Mac Truck.  I managed to get myself up, after VERY little sleep (between coughing and time change along with a knock me on my ass fever at 3AM ) and drag my behind to work.  I usually get there around 7AM, today it was 8.  Luckily I have a little play-room with the time.  I had zero strength, and I work a job that requires some strength.  I did the best I could, and after slamming a super heavy metal grate on my foot...I decided it was best to finish up and go back to bed.  I made it 3 hours.  I stopped on the way home and got a Shamrock Shake, because I think I'm sick enough to deserve it.  Got home to a super chaotic house, what I THOUGHT was dog pee from one end of the living room to the other, turned out to be a major hot water tank leak.  On a Sunday.  And a landlord that will drag his feet on it for months.  Anyway, I only figured this out AFTER shampooing all the carpet...this sick, and weak, and achy.  This was followed by the kids running in and out, over and over.  I finally kicked them all out, as it's a beautiful day, and, well, I'm sick.  This only led to the phone non-stop ringing, and the door bell non-stop da-donging.  I'd had enough.  Turned the phone off, yelled at all who had rung the door bell, curled up on the couch...and proceeded to cough so bad I couldn't even nap.  I didn't even have the strength to go to the other room to get my cough drops.

Eventually Brad came home, and he had stopped and gotten stuff for dinner, so I didn't have to cook again.  thank.freaking.god.  He also got me my cough drops, and then avoided me like I had the plague.  I don't blame him, I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

So here I am, still on the sofa 12 hours later.  The only difference is that now I feel like I was hit by FOUR Mac Trucks, and I'm coughing lungs out.  My throat is on freaking fire!  My head is throbbing..ob my gosh how my body aches.  I just want this OVER.

Oh, and I started my period today.  Thanks for nothing, mother nature...bitch!

I'm supposed to work tomorrow night, but if I feel anything like this, it's just not going to happen.  I REALLY need the money for Brad to put towards bills, but I just can't seem to find the strength to stand, let alone work.  Ugh...I need a miracle tonight!


  1. Honey you need to take care of yourself. If you can't work you can't work. $ is always an issue but your health is more important. Hope this eases quickly for you.

  2. Hello! I'm a new here. I found you by Jeremiah's mom -blogs Liebster award. When I clicked the link google warned me that are you sure you want to enter this page case it has material that is ment for adults only =D. You are stitching many lovely pieces and I think I have to browse a bit what you have done in the past. Lovely blog =D

  3. Hi Virpi, and welcome! The "adult content" warning is only because sometimes I have the mouth of a sailor, and I figured better safe than sorry! I've not been stitching a whole lot lately, because I've been very sick, but hope to pick it up again soon!