Saturday, March 17, 2012

My own reality show? Hmm...maybe!

I've quite often been told that I am the type of person that should always have a camera crew following her, because you never know what is going to happen in my life.  I've always chuckled it off, but here lately it really seems to be a good idea.

Thursday, I was finally beginning to feel like I was alive again.  I spent the day picking up the house and shampooing the carpet, again, from the water heater leak.  I did as much as I could before I was simply out of breath and had to sit back down.

My son, Seth, decided to play outside with a friend.  They had been gone some time when his sister came in and informed me that the police were interviewing Seth, and needed me to come over, since he was a minor.  Instant panic set in, but she quickly eased my mind when she continued with "Seth found a car in the pond".  WTF?  How did Seth find a CAR in the pond?  I asked her if she meant toy car, and she assured me that he had, indeed, found a full sized car....IN the pond.

I throw some shoes on and head over.  There was a car in the pond.  A CAR in the POND!?!  How did a CAR get in the POND?!?

You can see the car underwater in this photo.  Look just past the far corner of the dock.  It's about 5 feet under, so it's hard to make out.

Then fear started to set in.  We had no idea how long it had been there, or if there was anybody inside.  The officer asked Seth and I to stay, because depending on the outcome of this, they may need to interview us more.  I told him that if there was a body in that car, my son would not be staying to witness it.  So we waited out the Police Dive Team.  They finally arrived.  When they think that what they are looking for is already dead, they certainly are in no hurry.  But eventually they made it and went in.  He surfaced and announced there was no body, and that the plate matched that of a vehicle reported stolen early Wednesday morning.

Later that night, I went out to walk the dogs.  I noticed an ambulance in the complex where we live.  Shortly after, the gas company arrived, and started walking the grounds for a suspected gas leak.  Seriously?  One event for the day wasn't enough?  They walked the grounds several times, going condo to condo, but I don't know if they ever found anything because I was too tired and just went to bed.  

Last night I finally felt decent enough to go back to work.  I had worked on Wednesday, but it was a horrible experience as I was still pretty sick.  And I still am.  But I am MUCH better than before.  So I made it through my shift, and save for a lot of coughing, I felt pretty darn good about it.  But it had been over a week since I'd really busted my ass at work, and I certainly felt it when I came home.  

Today is St. Patrick's Day, so I'm making Corned Beef and Cabbage.  I've never done it before, but a friend did a great job talking me through it, and it seems very simple to hopefully it turns out.  I'm sure the kids are going to hate it, so I picked up something else for them just in case.  Hell, I may hate it!  Will let you know how it turns out.

I also realized that exactly ONE week from today, my BFF (bestest female friend) Katie and her husband, are heading over for an overnight visit.  A group of us tries to get together once a month for some sort of sleep over, but this month everyone was super scheduled.  Luckily, a few of us are still able to pull it off.  So her, Fred, my BMF Daryl and possibly one other friend, will be renting rooms at a local hotel, and just spending the day geocaching, and making more memories.  I really love these people, and they are family longer "just friends".  I'm glad that we were able to work this out to get together...I REALLY look forward to these weekends!  

Here we are at the last "sleep over":
Left to Right: Katie, Daryl, Me, Fred

I haven't been doing much stitching, as I've been so horribly sick.  I'm hoping to get some time to work on my newest project, "Jingle Bells" tomorrow.  My dad and step-mom will be coming to town, so I'm not sure that I will have time.  And I won't have much time for it tonight, as I have to work, and go to bed early to be back at work at 7AM.  These Sunday shifts are killing me!  I'm SO over it!  It's too hard to work second shift all week, and then have to be back up at 6AM one day a week.  Will post pics of my stitching progress soon...

1 comment:

  1. The fun and drama of your life is worth giggling about that's for sure. Love ya girl. Can't wait till the 24th!