Friday, January 25, 2013

A light at the end of the tunnel?

By golly, it just might be!

ONE of the advantages to moving back to Michigan (and there haven't been many), is that I qualified for Medicaid.  For some reason, I qualify here, but not in Indiana.  Whatever.  So my first order of business was going to be to schedule an appointment with a family practitioner, who could refer me to a surgeon, who would schedule an appointment, a ton of tests, and then...maybe....surgery.

I landed in the E.R. before that could happen.  I was in so much pain, I couldn't hardly breathe.  I hate when it gets like this.  I've been battling gall stones for almost 4 years now, and I shiver every time I think of the pain, as it's something I've experienced far more than any human being should have to.

It turns out, landing in the E.R. is probably the best thing that could have happened for me.  They gave me a few doses of morphine, and ran an ultrasound, along with many other tests.  When I got there, my blood pressure was 180/140.  I'm guessing from the pain.  By the time I left, it was back down, and I had prescriptions for pain at home.  I also left with a referral for a surgeon.  Totally cut out my middle man, and tests already done.

So I called the surgeon and made an appointment for February 4th.  I'm hoping that it will be a quick visit, and I will walk out with a date for surgery.  I'm nervous, but I am SOOOOO excited this is FINALLY happening.  I won't have to deal with that pain ever again!

So, yes, despite all the other "stuff" going on, I have this thing to look forward to.  It's removal can't happen soon enough.

Wonder if they will let me keep a stone....just because.

2 comments:

  1. They didn't let me keep a stone. They said they have to send them away for testing. I don't know why. It would be cool if they let ya! So glad this part of your life might finally be ending!!!

    ReplyDelete